The Complete Guide To Wedding Quotes For Instagram Posts
If you've recently been married and just got all the photos back from your photographer and want some witty, lovely, or beautiful words to caption your wedding Instagram posts, sometimes it can be so challenging to think of the proper caption.
I'm a firm believer in 'if you're having a hard time saying something, someone else has probably already said it before, and you can borrow their words.'
So, if you're looking for the perfect quotes about wedding dresses, getting married, wedding day quote ideas, or anything else to caption your wedding pics on Instagram, we've got you covered. The beautiful thing about some of these is that you can use them anywhere from social media quotes to love letters or even as cute wedding sign quotes.
This is the ultimate guide to all things wedding photo captions, where you'll find everything, including;
- Wedding dress quotes
- Quotes from movie scenes
- Song lyrics from musicians
- Words from books, poems, authors, and so much more.
Wedding Dress Quotes For Your Instagram Captions
Having the perfect bridal dress quote will level up your next wedding IG post.
- "Dream dress, dream lover, dream wedding."
- "I thought the perfect dress didn't exist until it did."
- "When the perfect wedding dress comes along, you just know. When I saw my wedding dress, I just knew it from the start."
- "I didn't know a wedding gown could be so perfect until I saw this one."
- "I said yes to the dress!"
- "I wanted my gown to be a work of art, a thing of magic; I wanted it to transcend reality and take me away some place romantic, and that's exactly what I got." - Kira Lithgow.
- "My gown was soft, it was flowing, it was romance and beauty." - Geneva Sartori.
- "A delicate, whimsical gown; perfect for me."
- "Maybe I have two soulmates, my wedding dress and him"
- "A dreamy gown was the perfect fit for my dreamy wedding."
If you haven't been married yet, the beautiful thing about these quotes is that you can even include them in your wedding vows, but more on that soon.
Wedding Quotes Based on Movie Scenes
Have you ever been binge-watching a show or up late watching a movie and had a scene reach into your soul and reminded you of the reason you're in love because same. There are so many movies with so many heartfelt scenes that you can draw inspiration from, such as;
- "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." [Notting Hill]
- "It doesn't matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other." [Good Will Hunting]
- "When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." [When Harry Met Sally]
- "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more. That plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds." [The Notebook]
- "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." [The Lord of The Rings]
- "You make me happier than I ever thought I could be and if you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way." [Chandler on F.R.I.E.N.D.S]
- "If I get married, I want to be very married." [Audrey Hepburn]
- "When I look at you, I can feel it. I look at you and I'm home." [Finding Nemo]
- "A simple 'I love you' means more than money." [Frank Sinatra]
- "If I could ask God one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night, and your beauty last forever." [A Knight's Tale ]
- "You make me want to be a better man." [As Good As It Gets]
- "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more. That plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds." [The Notebook]
Wedding Photo Quotes From Music/Musicians
Songs have long been the go-to place for emotionally driven storytelling. Lyrics are considered one of the most beautiful forms of spoken word, so using songs as inspiration is a brilliant idea. Here are some examples of song lyrics you might love;
- "You're the only one who knows where to find me." [James DeBerg/Thousand Below]
- "People fall in love in mysterious ways." [Ed Sheeran]
- "I know it's chemical, the way I cling to you." [Crywolf]
- "I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring. [David Bowie]
- "Best I ever had." [Drake]
- "And the stars look very different today." [David Bowie]
- "It's by your side that I make my home." [Dave Matthews]
- "So close, no matter how far. Couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trust in who we are, and nothing else matters." [James Hetfield/Metallica]
- "I feel so homesick for your love, darling." [B. Savage]
- "And the songbirds are singing, like they know the score, and I love you, I love you, I love you, like never before." [Fleetwood Mac]
- "I've known it from the moment that we met, no doubt in my mind where you belong." [Adele]
- "I said I love you, that's forever." [Billy Joel]
- "I can hear her heartbeat for a thousand miles, and the heavens open every time she smiles." [Van Morrison]
Instagram-friendly Wedding Quotes From Books
If you're more of a bookworm, you might have found yourself lost in the pages of something great when a sentence or paragraph reaches out of the book and tug at your heartstrings. Here are fifteen wonderful IG-friendly quotes from books about weddings and love.
- "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." [Dr. Seuss]
- "My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite." [Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare]
- "Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without, and we know we cannot live within." [The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin]
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." [Narcissus and Goldmund by Herman Hesse]
- "If you live to be a hundred, I want to love to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." [Winnie The Pooh]
- "You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope…I have loved none but you." [Persuasion by Jane Austin]
- "Do I love you? My god, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches." [The Princess Bride by William Goldman]
- "To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves." [BLood Wedding and Yerma by Federico Garciá Lorca]
- "Love Seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century." [Mark Twain]
- "I carry your heart with me. I am never without it, anywhere I go, you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me, is your doing, my darling." [I carry your Heart With Me by E.E Cummings]
- "And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you, and I'd choose you." [The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White]
- "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." [Oscar Wilde]
- "Yours is the light by which my spirit's is born: you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars." [You Are My Sun… by E.E Cummings]
- "You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made the flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones." [The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan]
- "Love starts as a feeling, but to continue is a choice; and I find myself choosing you more and more every day." [Bending The Universe by Justin Wetch]
The world has seen so many outstanding poets, writers, and romantic artists. Those wonderful people have all left us with words that put a heartfelt, love-filled spin to the words in our IG captions.
- "True love stories never have endings." [Richard Bach]
- "I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow." [Leo Christopher]
- "You Don't marry the person you can live with—you marry the person you can't live without."
- "My life is beautiful because I say it is." [Lang Leav]
- "Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale." [Melissa Brown]
- "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." [Antoine De Saint]
- "I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, the venue filled with friends and family. I asked him what kind of wedding he wished for. He said the one that would make me his wife."
- "I love her and that's the beginning and end of everything." [F. Scott Fitzgerald]
- "And so the journey continues. Welcome to our beginning."
- "I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you directly, without problems or pride: I love you like this because I don't know any other way to love, except in this form in which I am not nor are you, so close that your hand upon my chest is mine, so close that your eyes close with my dreams." [Pablo Neruda]
- "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." [Maya Angelou]
- "Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without." [William Parrish]
- "I have, for the first time, found what I can truly love. I have found you." [Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë]
- "If I had a flower for everything I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever." [Alfred Tennyson]
- "For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you."
- "They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.' [F. Scott Fitzgerald]
- "Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be." [Rabbi Ben Ezra by Robert Browning]
- "When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too." [The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho]
Funny Wedding Photo Captions
We've all got our inside jokes with each other, so it can be beautiful to include a mild joke or a funny quote in your captions, vows, or anywhere you see fit.
- "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." [Rita Rudner]
- :We have a couple of rules in our relationship. The first rule is that I make her feel like she's getting everything. The second rule is that I actually do let her have her way in everything. And, so far, it's working." [Justin Timberlake]
- "He said 'I do,' I said 'finally!'"
- "You know there's a name for people who are always wrong about everything all the time…Husband!" [Bill Maher]
- "We came, we saw, we cut up the dance floor!"
- "I'm the bride, and I don't need a filter."
- "All you need is love, but an open bar doesn't hurt!"
- "I finally had an excuse to change my name."
- "Does this dress make me look married?"
- “Bridezilla? Who, me?”
- "Husband secretly lowers the thermostat, and I secretly turn it back up. We both vehemently deny touching it. Marriage is fun." [Stephanie Ortiz]
- "I said yes to the dress, but did I try on every dress in the store first? I'll say yes to that too.
- "We are all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them, fall in mutual weirdness, and call it love." [Dr. Seuss]
- "Marriage is a bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them."
- "Great love affairs start with champagne." [Honoré de Balzac]
- "One of the keys to a successful marriage is separate bathrooms. When he enters my bathroom, sometimes I'm like, 'Why are you in here?' And he's like, 'I live here. Can I enjoy my bathroom too?" [Michelle Obama]
- "I love you for making me better by loving me. Be my forever valentine."
- "I may not be your first love, but let me be your last, and I will make sure you never regret it."
- "And suddenly, all the love songs were about you."
- "If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more." [Jane Austen]
- "Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat." [Joanne Woodward]
How To Incorporate Quotes Into Your Vows
Sometimes the best way to give your vows that little extra oomph is by throwing in a soul-touching, witty, or humorous quote to take it to the next level. Incorporating a quote is perfect for those of us that could be better with words than we'd hoped (It's not easy, after all!) So here's how you can jazz up your vows with a quote:
- Select a meaningful quote that feels authentic to you, your love, and your relationship with your partner.
- Choose a quote that relates to your partner or relationship in some way, shape, or form.
- Feel free to credit the author by saying something like 'like [enter name here] once said…' or '[enter name here] said it best with…' etc.
- Remember, you don't have to choose a quote or reference everyone will 'get'—as long as your partner knows, that's all that matters.
Once you've found the perfect quote that you're going to incorporate into your wedding vows, take some time to write down how it pairs back to your relationship and use that in your vows. Connecting the dots between quotes and real-life examples makes for a great speech.
Simple Wedding Captions For The Newly Married
If you're searching for some words that are more straightforward and to the point, you don't need a poem, a song, or a whole reading; sometimes simple is best, such as;
- Now we can hang out forever!
- Every smile starts with you.
- Loving you was never an option. It was a necessity.
- You're my person, forever.
- Together is my favourite place to be.
- He stole my heart, so I'm taking his last name.
- Just Married.
- You are the best thing.
- You are my happily ever after.
- When I look at you, I see everything I ever wanted.
- Me, myself, and I do.
- We decided on forever.
- There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.
- Where there is love there is life.
- You are every lovely word I could think of.
- Welcome to our love story.
- I found the one whom my soul loves.
- I do, he does, we did.
- The party didn't start til I walked in.
- So, uh, we did a thing.
- My Ride or Die
- My love for you is a journey, starting forever and ending never.
- The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
- It's always been you.
- I finally got my fairytale ending.
- As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to begin.
- Happiness is being married to your best friend.
- He liked it so he put a ring on it!
- All you need is love.
- I do, now and forever.
- Today was a fairytale.
- One short walk away from forever.
- From Ms. To Mrs.
- That 'just married' feeling.
- You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.
- A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.
- To have and to hold.
- You are the love that came without warning; you had my heart before I could say no.
- Love is like a friendship caught on fire.
- I can conquer the world with one hand as long as you're holding the other.
Captions For Couples Who Met On Dating Apps or Social Media
- It was love at first swipe.
- From the DM's to the dance floor.
- From love at first match to matching surnames.
- Now that we're husband and wife, I guess we can change our Facebook status.
Merging Wisdom & Philosophy Into Your Wedding Quotes
Sometimes an inspirational quote can be a meaningful addition to your wedding speech. While philosophers aren't particularly well-known for having the best love lives based on history, some of them are hopeless romantics with words so beautiful you'll feel them in your soul, such as:
- "Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever." [Audre Lorde]
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength. While loving someone deeply gives you courage." [Lao Tzu]
- "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." [Sophocles]
- "To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead." [Marriage and Morals by Earl Russell]
- "To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow—this is a human offering that can border on miraculous." [Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace With Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert]
- "He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began." [Leo Tolstoy]
Quotes On marriage + Partnership
As the old saying goes, teamwork makes the dream work. If having a focus on the marriage or Partnership itself is essential to you, you can implement quotes that match that energy, such as;
- "The great marriages are partnerships. It can't be a great marriage without being a partnership." [Helen Mirren]
- "The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace." [Fawn Weaver]
- "I would not wish any companion in the world but you." [Shakespeare]
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." [Mignon McLaughlin]
- "The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they're the right one if you love to be with them all the time." [Julia Child]
- "Walking With your hands in mine and mine in yours, that's exactly where I want to be always." [Fawn Weaver]
- "Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife." [Franz Schubert]
- "Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day." [Barbara De Angelis]
- "Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we married." [Tim Mullen]
- "Marriage is the highest state of friendship. If happy, it lessens our cares by dividing them, at the same time that it doubles our pleasures by mutual participation." [Samuel Richardson]
- "Happiness [is] only real when shared." [Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer]
- "I married for love, but the obvious side benefit of having someone around to find my glasses cannot be ignored." [Cameron Esposito]
- "We support each other in everything we do. We want the other one to strive. [It] makes you happy when the other one strives. And you know what, we don't have a very strong social life because we really like to spend time together. So, we do spend a lot of quality time together." [Salma Hayak]
- "One of the things that really allows us to get through these moments that are obviously very stressful—we're talking about the future of the free world—it's important to be able to laugh at yourself and each other. We do a healthy amount of both of that. We don't take ourselves too seriously in the context of our relationship. You can't. You just have to flow and know what's really important." [Kamala Harris]
- "Marriages, like a garden, take time to grow. But the harvest is rich unto those who patiently and tenderly care for the ground." [Darlene Schach]
- "Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years." [Simone Signoret]
- "Marriage flourishes when the couple works together as a team: when both husband and wife decide that winning together is more important than keeping score. Good marriages don't just happen. They are a product of hard work." [Michelle Obama]
- "A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short." [André Maurois]
"To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with." [Mark Twain]
Engagement Photo Quotes and Instagram Captions
- "Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end." [Rumi]
- "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." [Soul Shattering Poetry by Maya Angelou]
- "I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul." [A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens]
- "You are, and always have been, my dream." [The Notebook]
- "Remember tonight, for it is the beginning of always." [Dante Alighieri]
- "Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back." [Plato]
- "Love who you want to love. Life is too short to do anything else." [R.M. Drake]
- "The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind I was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along." [Rumi]
- "I would bend my knee a million times to stand by you." [Jordan Kimball]
- "No measure of time with you will be long enough, but we'll start with forever." [Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer]
Quotes For Wedding Guest Photos
- They got married, and I got drunk.
- I'm just here for the cake
- It's about time! Happy wedding day, lovers.
- I was at the [enter couples surname] wedding, and all I got was a wonderful night.
- Thank you [couples' first names] for showing me what true love looks like.
- Congrats to the newlyweds, may your happiness last forever.
- All because you two fell in love.
- Here's to love, laughter, and happily ever after.
- Thank you for sharing your big day with me/us.
- Wishing you both the perfect love story.
- They said yes!
- I can't wait to ugly cry at your wedding.
Bridesmaids Quotes For Wedding Photos
- Bridesmaid for a day, best friends for life.
- I'll hold your bouquet today, but your friendship for life. Happy wedding day to my bestie.
- There's no place I would rather be than by your side.
- Honoured to be at your side on the most important day.
Poets & Poetry
Historically speaking, if you wanted to hear words about true love and romance, you'd find a poet, so we've done precisely that for you. Here are some gorgeous wedding poems or words by poets:
Religious Quotes & Words
With some couples having their faith play a huge part in their wedding, adding in a religious quote that has a focus on faith can be a monumental thing at a wedding or on your next IG caption, such as;
"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." [1 Corinthians 13:13]
"I found the one my heart loves." [Song of Solomon 3:4]
"Do everything in love." [1 Corinthians 16:14]
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs." [1 Corinthians 13:45]